Friday, October 11, 2013

And It Was {Spectacular}

Soooo... this weekend Women's Chorus had the opportunity to participate in the Brigham Young University Homecoming Spectacular.

And it was spectacular.  Let me break it down for you.

Nathan Pacheco.  He's fantastic.  He has a fabulous voice.  He was very, very kind to everyone.  He's handsome to boot, and just about every girl in Women's Chorus had a completely unrealistic crush on him.  You know the kind—the "he's super fantastic, famous, and on a pedestal--the movie star-style" crush. True story.  If you don't believe me, just watch this.  You'll see why.


Yeah.  He sang that song.  And I was in the back-up choir for it.  Woo!

The Cougarettes.  Seriously, if I hadn't already thought they were amazing (which I did), I do now.  They are super sweet.  They're amazingly talented.  Their dances were so fabulous.  Women's Chorus has never had so many compliments, and as if that weren't enough, they brought all 150-ish Women's Chorus members cookies before tonight's performance.  Yeah.  They're amazing.

We also got to perform with the Young Ambassadors, the BYU Philharmonic, Rebecca Pedersen, Living Legends, and a tap group.  It was just suuuuper fantastic, and inspirational.  I loved it!

The best part of the story is this.  Before the concert Sister A. told us to think of someone who brought the sun into our day today as we sang "Here Comes the Sun."

This is the story of the person who brought that sunshine.

We were backstage waiting to go on the first time.  Young Ambassadors was jamming it up on stage, and I was dancing like a hooligan backstage.  I just really like to make the lovely ladies next to me crack up.  After I'd been dancing goofily for a good while, I broke down into some serious Michael Jackson moves.  I danced the signature move for "Smooth Criminal" and the chorus segment for "Beat It."  My fellow Alto II's were cracking up, and I took a little time to break down for them just exactly how the body roll in "Beat It" is done.

I was dancing all out.  No holding back.  No toning it down.  Flailing my arms, doing body rolls and spins--for the people who don't know this already, I prolly looked like a hooliganism.  What can I say?  I am one.

About two seconds after I stopped dancing, Nathan Pacheco walks straight up to me and says, "Keep it up! You look great!" as he made his way toward the stage.

Now, I usually try to play it cool when people compliment me.  I try to pretend they didn't seriously just make my day... at least until they're out of earshot.

This was not the case tonight.

. . .

Before he was out of earshot—heck!—before he'd even completely walked past me, I wheeled around to my fellow Alto II's--my jaw on the floor, my face bright red in total stunned disbelief, while gesturing toward his back and saying in utter shock and awe, "DID you just HEAR that?!?"

How long had he been watching me dance like a hooligan?  I don't know.  All I know is I don't think I've ever smiled so much in a performance ever.  And I'm pretty sure I have talked about it most of the evening.

And that, my dear reader, was the source of my sunshine today.  Holey cheese, it was fantastic!

And I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so so much!! Haha, that just makes me so happy! And I agree...he is completely amazing! I saw him perform with MoTab and Lindsey Stirling in the Pioneer Days concert...I'm so jealous that you got to perform with him! So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete